How did you get started with bodybuilding?
It all started when I got talked into it by one of my KNPE teachers and my then training partner Kris Calmese at Northern Illinois University. They thought I had a good physique to compete in the school’s bodybuilding competition called Greek Physique in 2009.
So I trained my hardest for nine weeks and won the show and that was how it all started and I haven’t looked back since.
Where does your motivation come from?
I consider myself to be a self-motivated person, but what drives me to compete and win is the failure. I mean failure in the sense that I love to excel in everything I do so I don’t want to fail.
That is why I apply that philosophy to bodybuilding, you train your hardest and leave no stones unturned so you can be the best there is.
What workout routine has worked best for you?
- Flat Bench 3×10
- Incline Bench 3×10
- Incline Dumbell Flys 3×10
- Weighted Dips 3×10
- Squats 3×10
- Leg Press 3×10
- Lunges 2×10-15
- Leg extensions 3×10
- Stiff Legged Dead lift 3×10
- Lying Leg curls 3×10
- Glute Ham Raises 3×10
- Standing and seated Calve Raises 3×10
- Barbell Rows 3×10
- Seated Rows 3×10
- Wide grip pull ups 3×10
- Lat pull down 3×10
- Rack chins 3×10
- Dumbell Rows 3×10
- Barbell Curls 3×10
- Alternating DB curls 3×10
- Hammer curls 3×10
- Preacher or Isolation DB curls 3×10
- Skull Crushers 3×10
- Cable Tricep push down 3×10
- Close grip bench press 3×10
- DB kick backs 3×10
Friday: Weak point training
- Specific weakpoint training
Saturday: Cardio, Abs
- 45mins Cardio
- Crunches 3×20
- Hanging Leg raises 3×20
What is your diet like?
- Meal 1: 5 egg whites, 3 whole eggs and a cup of oatmeal
- Meal 2: Lean ground beef, 1 cup of Brown rice, avocado
- Meal 3: 8 oz. chicken, 1 and a half cup of broccoli, almonds
- Meal 4: 8 oz. Steak and sweet potato
- Meal 5: Protein shake, an apple
- Meal 6: 8 oz. chicken breast, 1 cup of brown rice & a cup of green beans
When trying to cut down do you prefer to use HIIT or just normal cardio?
Normal Cardio, I feel this does the trick for me.
What is your supplementation like?
- Serious Mass
Lee Haney, Flex Wheeler, Ronnie Coleman, and of course Arnold.
“Why go hard or go home, just go hard THEN go home” Lincoln Depaula