How did you get started with bodybuilding?
I got into this sport for myself; to be better, to learn more, to work harder, to find creative solutions, to overcome weaknesses and capitalize on strengths. I don’t want to compare myself to others — in progress/size or speed of gains, because that’s not what I’m here for. I’ve always found this sport to be deeply personal, something so abstract that an individual’s “success” can never be measured objectively.
People get into this sport for different reasons, no one reason is more noble than the other; but as long as you do it for your own reasons, and work towards your own goals, your success is truly yours.
What is your training routine like?
My routine is constantly changing, but the fundamentals remain the same:
- Adapt your training to your diet and recovery ability and not the other way around.
- Progressively overload your muscles over a period of time, not necessarily in a linear fashion.
- Always find at least one thing to improve on every time you work out.
- Never do a maintenance workout
- Stay safe
What is your Diet like?
The only set schedule I have as far as meal times are concerned is: two apples and a protein shake post workout & 500 grams of Low-Fat Cottage Cheese before bed. The rest of the food I eat throughout the day whenever I get the chance: 1 cup muesli, 2 cups brown rice, 6 eggwhites w/ 1 yolk, 250g lean steak, 400g marinated chicken breast. I used to be extremely obsessive about eating every two hours but I learned from Alan Aragon and Kane Sumabat that its all about calories IN vs calories OUT. Everything else is secondary.
How do you stay motivated?
Enjoy the abuse.
What is your supplementation like?
- Orange Triad – Multi/Joint/Digestion/Immune Complex
- Fish Oil (3000mg Combined Essential Fatty Acids)
- Vitamin C (3000 mg a day in multiple doses)
- Creatine (2.5g a day)
- Beta Alanine (6 g a day split up in multiple 2g servings)
- NAC (Antioxidant for Bronchitis — 600mg a day taken with 1000mg of vitamin C)
- Whey Protein (1 scoop with skim milk upon waking, 2 scoops postworkout)
- Alpha Lipoic Acid (Antioxidant & Insulin Mimic — 600mg before every meal containing carbs
- Idebenone (Antioxidant, Soluble form of Coq10 180mg daily)
- ALCAR (Cognitive support — 2 doses of 1g taken 6 hours apart)
Plans for the future?
Fitness Modeling, Writing and Natural Bodybuilding competitions, live in as many different places as possible On the non-fitness side of things, I would like to write and direct more stageplays and possibly films. Hosting, Radio and Voice Overs.
Live by your own values, but don’t try to impose them on others. – Myself