Height: 6’0″ – 183cm
Weight: 215 lbs – 97 kg
How did you get started with bodybuilding?
I was introduced into fitness and training when a friend of mine took me to the gym with him when I was 13 years old. Right away, I was hooked! The gym was full of Olympic Weightlifters and Powerlifters. I started the foundation of my training with the basic lifts – Bench Press, Deadlifts and Squats. The next 15 years of my bodybuilding career were focused on Powerlifting before evolving into what I do now which is Hybrid Training.
Entering the fitness industry was the best choice I ever made. I love transforming my physique and pushing myself to my absolute limits!
Where does your motivation come from?
I try to be the best possible version of myself I can be. I’m also extremely critical of myself and everything I’m doing! I combine that with a never-ending quest of knowledge in my fitness and training and always finding something to improve in myself.
Also since I am a personal trainer and owner of my own business I want to offer to my clients, my knowledge and training methods/theories to the best of my ability!
What workout routine has worked best for you?
The base of my workout regimen stays pretty consistent year round. I workout each muscle group on a separate day – Chest, Legs, Shoulders, Back and Arms plus one day for functional whole body exercises. I change up my intensity of training every three weeks in cycles and go from really heavy, heavy and moderate. I’ll also incorporate slow twitch and fast twitch exercises in my workouts daily.
- Incline Bench Press 5 x 10-15
- Dumbbell Fly’s 5 x 10-15
- Dumbbell Press 5 x 10-15
- Barbell Front Chest Raises 5 x 10-15
- Cable Chest Fly’s 5 x 10-15
Addition: After each set I add a lighter adaptation of the exercise or a pushup of some kind
- Raw Squats 8 x 10-15. After each set, 10-15 Deep Squat Jumps
- Single Leg Press 6 10-15
- Straight Leg Deadlift 6 x 10-15
- Lying Leg Curl 6 x 10-15
- Walking Lunges 6 x 30
- Tricep Press 6 x 10-15
- Incline DB Bicep Curl 6 x 10-15
- Cable Tricep Extensions 6 x 10-15
- Preacher Curls 6 x 10-15
- Dips 5 x 20
- Cross Cable Bicep Curl 6 x 10-15
- Dumbbell Rows 6 x 10-15
- Lat Pulldown 6 x 10-15
- Alternating Grip Cable Row 6 x 10-15
- Shrugs 5 x 10-15
- Rear Delt Raises 6 x 10-15
- Alternating Grip Pull Ups 3 x 20
- Alternating Grip Chin Ups 3 x 20
- Military Press 6 x 10-15
- Upright Barbell Row 6 x 10-15
- Alternating Grip Lateral Raise 6-10-15
- Seated DB Military Press 6 10-15
- Front Cable Lateral Raise 6 x 10-15
Addition: After each set I add a lighter adaptation of that specific exercise
Saturday: Powerlifting/Functional Exercises
- Front Squats
- Shoulder Press
- Jump Pushups
- Pull Ups (Explosive)
Sunday: Rest Day
- Light Cardio – Mountain Hiking, Swimming etc
What is your diet like?
I’ve tried a lot of different diets and done a lot of studying and noticed that my body reacts best to a clean high protein, low carbohydrate diet. I try to eat as much organic food as possible. I also eat heaps of Organic Free Range Eggs, Wild Caught Fish & Grass Fed Beef. Following this diet I feel more alert, energetic and recover faster.
- Meal 1: Protein Shake with Almond/Coconut Milk
- Meal 2: Omelette with Spinach, Mushrooms, Broccoli & Bell Peppers
- Meal 3: 6 oz. Chicken/Tilapia/Salmon/Beef, Kale & Vegetables
- Meal 4: 6 oz. Chicken/Tilapia/Salmon/Beef, Cauliflower & Green Salad
- Meal 5: 10 Egg Whites & Berries
- Meal 6: 6 oz. Chicken/Tilapia/Salmon/Beef & Raw Vegetable Soup
When trying to cut down do you prefer to use HIIT or just normal cardio?
I rely on HIIT cardio most of the time and occasionally do light cardio when I get the chance.
What is your supplementation like?
- AlphaPro Nutrition AlphaCuts
- AlphaPro Nutrition BCAA
- AlphaPro Nutrition Upload
- Jarrow Pak Plus
- Psyllium Fiber
Never, never, never give up! – Winston Churchill
Website: nextgenfit.com (re-opening soon)