SimplyshreddedTV: Believe In Yourself
Meet Aurora LZ. Originally from France, she has travelled to many countries teaching her passion of Muai Thai along with weight training and fitness. 10 years ago Aurora suffered from the illness bulimia, which caused her to vomit after every meal making her skinny and eventually making her seriously ill. Fast forward 10 years and she is now a certified personal trainer and online coach, and has a huge social following motivating over half a million people on Instagram alone. She believes that the modern day description of fitness is becoming everything but being fit. With her powerful, towering physique and tattooed skin she tells us how living in her country is difficult, as her appearance clashes with what is seen as normal. She hopes her struggle can help others to follow the path of fitness.
Height: 5’11” – 180 cm
Weight: 163 lbs – 74 kg
How did you get started with bodybuilding?
I got involved in bodybuilding when I started doing kick boxing. At the time, I was skinny fat and I decided I wanted to build muscle.
Where does your motivation come from?
My motivation comes from my desire to be the best version of myself! You must be passionate, you must dedicate yourself, and you must be relentless in the pursuit of your goals. If you do, you will be successful. Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time.
The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.
What workout routine has worked best for you?
I like to vary my training. I don’t like to get stuck in the same routine. For warm ups, I like to perform 5 minutes of walking, jogging, or jump rope.
Monday: Shoulders/Arms/Abs Circuit
- Push Jerks 4 x 10 (Superset)
- Dumbbell Upright Rows 4 x 10
- Cable Rear Delt Fly’s (Superset)
- Cable Front Raises 4 x 10
- Skull Crushers 4 x 10 (Superset)
- Drag Curls 4 x 10
- Plank Pull Ups 3 x Failure (Superset)
- Close Grip Push Ups 3 x Failure
- Plank 3 x (1 minute holds)
- Side Plank 3 x (1 minute holds per side)
- V Ups 3 x (30 second hold)
- Ab Rollouts 3 x 20
Tuesday: Plyo Circuit/Legs/Back/Calves
- Line Jumps 3 x 10
- 180 Jumps 3 x 5 (per side)
- Tuck Jumps 3 x 10
- Depth Jumps 3 x 10
- Dynamic Step Ups 3 x 10 (per leg)
- Squats 5 x 10
- Good Mornings 3 x 10 (Superset)
- Standing Calf Raises 3 x 20
- Reverse Hyper Extensions 3 x 15 (Superset)
- Leg Extensions 3 x 10
Wednesday: Cardio/Abs Circuit
- Warm Up (5 minutes)
- Intervals (30 minutes)
- Cool Down (5 minutes)
- Cable Crunches 3 x 30
- Cable Wood Chops 3 x 15 (per side)
- Hanging Leg Raises 3 x 20
- Roman Chair Side Ups 3 x 20 (per side)
- Single Arm Dumbbell Rows 4 x 10 (Superset)
- Dumbbell Pullovers 3 x 10
- Incline Bench Dumbbell Rows 4 x 10 (Superset)
- Close Grip Lat Pulldowns 4 x 10
- Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns 4 x 10 (Superset)
- Face Pulls 4 x 10
- Single Arm Lat Pulldown 3 x 8 (each arm)
Friday: Chest/Shoulders/Abs Circuit
- Dumbbell Bench Press 4 x 8 (Superset)
- Seated Dumbbell Military Press 4 x 8
- Incline Dumbbell Fly’s 3 x 10 (Superset)
- Dumbbell Front Raises 3 x 10
- Incline Dumbbell Press 3 x 10 (Superset)
- Standing Dumbbell Lateral Raises 3 x 10
- Decline Push Ups 3 x Failure (Bodyweight)
- Ab Rollouts 3 x 20
- Swiss Ball Roll Ups 3 x 15
- Swiss Ball Crunches 3 x 30
- Toe Touches 3 x 30
- 20 mins HIIT
- Rest day
If you had to pick only 3 exercises what would they be and why?
- Squats: Strong legs are the key; it’s your body’s base.
- Pull Ups: Because you need to be able to pull your own body weight.
- Push Ups: They are great for building upper body strength.
What is your secret to your incredible glute development?
Lots and lots of squats, deadlifts and lunges!
What is your diet like?
Training every day means I need to keep my carbs relatively high to fuel performance and aid in my recovery. I like to eat as natural as possible and avoid heavily processed foods with additives. I eat lots of lean cuts of protein, healthy fats and anti- inflammatory carb sources. I also try to vary my meals as much as I can, and I have a ‘treat’ here and there, but never a whole cheat meal.
- Meal 1: 2 Whole eggs, 2 slices Rye Bread and 2 tablespoons Almond Butter
- Meal 2: 5 ounces Salmon, 2 ounces Rice and Green Vegetables
- Meal 3: 7 ounces Chicken, 7 ounces Sweet Potato and Green Vegetables
- Meal 4: 2 ounces Whey, ¼ cup Cashews and 1 scoop Greens Powder
- Meal 5: 5 ounces steak, 7 ounces potato and Green Vegetables
- Meal 6: 2 pieces of Fruit
When you do splurge, what do you like to treat yourself to?
I like pizza and cakes as an occasional treat.
What is your supplementation like?
I drink BCAA’s during my workout, and I take a scoop of protein for recovery when I’m done.
What do you do to relax when you’re not working out?
I keep it simple; I walk around, or hang out with friends.
“Be brave. Be yourself.”
Facebook : Aurora Lz Fit
Video Produced by: Joe Mitchinson // @JMProductions