How did you get started with bodybuilding?
During my early years, I played handball. Since I’m so short, I was forced to get stronger to compete against the taller players. After I made the obligatory military service in Sweden, I didn’t have any time for handball but only to workout at the gym.
That’s really when it all began, my journey of bodybuilding, and I have loved every bit of it.
What gets you motivated?
It comes from my own progress in the gym. I personally always put up goals in everything I do and it is easy to measure their success in the gym. Right now my challenge is to do 30 chin-ups and 50 dips on stage at the Swedish championship in September.
What workout routine has worked best for you?
I train each bodypart 2 times a week, with one lighter session and one heavier session. I think this is a better way to train instead of only training that bodypart 1 time a week. For me this has helped with my muscular development and strength.
My gym routine
- Day 1. Interval training 3km
- Day2. Light dips (8reps) and chest and triceps
- Day3. rest
- Day 4. Light chins (8-10reps) hamstrings/back
- Day 5. Interval training 3km
- Day 6. Heavy dips (4reps) and chest and triceps
- Day 7. Heavy chins (4reps) and the front legs and biceps
Andreaz Engstrom Training Biceps
If you have to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be?
What is your diet like?
My diet is based on the Intermittent Fasting approach. This means that I eat between 2-3 times per day during my eating window, which is between 12:00 to 20:00. I usually eat more carbs on training days and more fat at rest days and this is how I eat all year round.
- Meal 1 – 300g chicken, 200g of potatoes, ½ avocado, 200g broccoli
- Meal 2 – 200g chicken, 200g of potatoes, ½ avocado, 200g broccoli
- Training – 10g BCAA before and after
- Meal 3 – 600g potatoes, 250g turkey, omega 3, 600g salad (peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc..)
- Meal 4 – 250g cottage cheese with jelly that I made with protein powder.
Upper Body Training 5 Weeks Out From Comp
What is your supplementation like?
My base of supplements is BCAA, protein powder, omega 3 and creatine
Arnold, like so many others. Kai Green is incredibly fun to watch on stage and the most freaky is Murkus Rhul, I Love Him!
I got it from the military in Sweden. “Sometimes it tastes cheesecake and sometimes it tastes like poop”.