Height: 6’0” – 183 cm
Weight: 190 lbs – 86 kg
How did you get started with bodybuilding?
The day was March 1, 2007. I was sitting in Biochemistry class and a girl mentioned she would never date a guy as skinny as I was. Later that day, yours truly – all 141 lbs of him – paid his first visit to the gym. Let’s face it. Women love muscles and I wanted to get their attention.
Once I was at the gym that day, I was lucky enough to meet a physical education professor who knew his stuff and the rest, as they say is history.
Where does your motivation come from?
It comes from within as I’m always competing against myself. My goal was always to turn my body into a machine! Now that I am the 2015 WBFF World Champion I want to try and retain the title. This motivational quote fires me up whenever I feel like missing a workout or meal.
“There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other – Douglas Everett
What workout routine has worked best for you?
- Wide Grip Pull Ups 4×10
- Pull Downs 4×10
- Straight Arm Lat Pull Down 4×10
- Bent Over Barbell Rows 4×10
- One Arm Dumbbell Row 4×10
- Stiff Legged Deadlift 4×10
- Dumbbell Flat Bench Press 4×10
- Incline Barbell Bench Press 4×10
- Dips 4×10
- Weighted Pushups 3×15
- Decline Barbell Bench Press 4×10
- Fly’s 4×10
- Front Squats 6×10
- Walking Lunges 4×10
- Single Leg Press 6×10
- Calf Raises 4×10
- Seated Leg Curl 4×10
- Romanian Deadlift 4×10
- Barbell Shoulder Press 4×10
- Arnold Dumbbell Press 4×10
- Alternating Deltoid Raises 4×10
- Rear Delt Fly 4×10
- Barbell Incline Shoulder Press 4×10
- Bent Over Low Pulley Side Laterals 4×10
- Dumbbell Bicep Curls 4×10
- Single Reverse Tricep Pushdowns 4×10
- Drag Curl 4×10
- Dips (Tricep version) 4×10
- Close Grip Barbell Bench Press 4×10
- Overhead Cable Curl 4×10
Saturday: Rest Day
Sunday: Rest Day
If you had to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
- Front Squat: Front squats are easier on your back and knees and engages the core. They also help build amazing mass in your legs.
- Wide Grip Pull Ups: This is my favorite back exercise as it really targets my lats and helps give my physique that V look.
- Dips: Essential to any upper body workout and a must for good chest development.
What is your diet like?
I was diagnosed with celiac so my diet is gluten-free. Some see that as a hassle, but I find the limitation on bread products has helped me avoid unnecessary carbs.
- Meal 1: 10 Egg White Omelette with a bowl of Greek Yogurt & Fruit
- Meal 2: Tilapia with baked Sweet Potato & Protein Shake
- Meal 3: Protein Bar, Almonds & a Banana
- Meal 4: Steak, Broccoli, Avocado & Protein Shake
- Meal 5: Chicken Breast, Asparagus & Sweet Potato
- Meal 6: Sushi & Edamame & Casein Protein Shake
What is your supplementation like?
- Optimum Nutrition
When you give up your dream, you die.