How did you get started with bodybuilding?
I was your average 125 pound little runt!! My Girlfriend at the time said I was just too skinny! So when I was 17 I started crunching the weights and after a year of training I was weighing in at about 160 pounds, not too bad for being 5 foot 9. After about two years of continued training I was at 180 pounds and moderately lean with a nice beach build I would say! Then my girlfriend recommended I should try get into the (fitness) modeling industry.
Fast forward to now, and I am a 200 pound fitness model and competitive bodybuilder and have loved the journey and experience.
Where does your motivation come from?
What initially got me motivated was when I first heard my girlfriend say that I was too skinny and that something needed to be done about it. It was a real wake up call as I never really looked after my body and wasn’t really into sports/fitness. Now my motivation comes from constantly breaking new strength goals and body fat levels. Trying to gain an extra pound of muscle while carefully trying to maintain my symmetry. I am now sponsored by Magnum and have recently appeared in such magazines like Muscle Insider, Status, and Inside Fitness in the last two months.
I will also be competing in the Canadian Nationals this October at 202 and am highly motivated to step on stage looking bigger and more shredded then I have ever been!
What workout routine has worked best for you?
The workout routine that seems to work best for me is a 6 day split! This way I can train each muscle 100 percent and it is 100 percent recovered!
- Flat bench 6×6 pyramiding up in weight
- Incline bench 4×8
- Cable crossover 3×8
- Wide lat pulldowns 5×8 pyramiding up
- Close grip pulldowns 4×8
- T bar row 4×6
- Squats 6×8 pyramiding up
- Leg press 4×8
- Leg extensions 4×8
- Seated hamstring curls 4×8
- Dumbbell press 6×6 pyramid
- Military press barbell 4×8
- Side laterals 3×8
- Front laterals 3×8
- Bent over rear delt dumbbell raises 3×8
- Dumbbell curls 6×6 pyramid
- Incline dumbbell curls 3×8
- Hammer curls 3×8
- Tricep press downs 6X6 pyramid
- Two handed dumbbell press behind the head 3×8
- One arm reverse tricep press 3×8
- Seated hamstring curls 3×8
- Straight leg deadlift 3×8
- Lying hamstring curls 3×8
- Seated calf raises 4dx15
- Standing calf raises 4×15
If you have to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
If I had to pick only 3 exercises, I would choose:
- Lat Pulldowns – This exercise is great for developing a great V taper! Make sure to go heavy with good form.
- Bench Press – It is the center piece of a good build and you must have a great chest in order to look your best, and heavy bench pressing has helped me achieve this!
- Heavy Squats – In my opinion squats are the king of all exercises and a mega mass builder to get those legs growing.
What is your diet like?
I always stick to a diet that is clean with high protein, moderate carb levels and low fats.
- Meal 1: Half cup of oatmeal with 15 blue berries, 15 grams of fiber and 35 grams of protein powder.
- Meal 2: 35 gram protein bar
- Meal 3: 40 grams of bison meat and a half cup of brown rice and veggies
- Meal 4: Two scoops of protein 50 grams
- Meal 5: Two chicken breasts, yams and veggies
- Meal 6: 1 can of tuna
- Meal 7: Two scoops of protein with water
What is your supplementation like?
- Multivitamin Maxximus
- Ascenta Fish Oil
- Maxximus Creatine
- Magnum Serum
- Quattro Magnum Protein
- Magnums Tonic Test Booster
- Magnums Glutamine
My favorite bodybuilder is Kevin Levrone! One of the best physiques I’ve ever seen on the Pro stage.