How did you get started with bodybuilding?
Well folks it’s an interesting story, I was out searching for my droids in Tatooine, when I bumped into Ben Kenobi and he showed me my father’s old lightsaber and the rest is history. Oh wait you said bodybuilding? Hehe. I was always infatuated with super heroes and their impressive physiques.
I never thought it was obtainable till I was watching WCW Wrestling one day and saw Scott Steiner for the first time, I turned to my friends and said “One Day I’m gonna look like that” to which they all laughed and told me I better start doing push ups right now.
Where does your motivation come from?
It’s always internal, from wanting to improve and better my physique. I compete these days and there’s always the hunger to be the best and I like that feeling when doing those car park lunges etc that no one else is doing them, but me.
What is your training philosophy?
I’m a form Nahtzee (I don’t kill people who have bad form though, just look at them and hope something bad happens. Like they’re waiting for something really important in the mail but it gets sent to the wrong address. Something bad like that ) I use heavy weight for 8-15 reps, I’m not a huge believer in 1-2 reps super heavy. In saying that it still happens when I’m over ambitious with my poundage’s sometimes.
If you have to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
- Front Squats: I know they suck and they hurt but you won’t find a better exercise for developing those quads from a Dust Pan and Brush Sweep to a Industrial Grade Supermarket Broom Sweep.
- T-Bar Rows in the Corner: Because they hit my back better than any other exercise. I can control them a lot better without too many other body parts getting involved.
- Swiss Ball Preacher Curls: Got ya? that’s a joke
- Dumbbell Bench Press: Everything gets hit. Great Stretch on the Pecs, awesome exercise all round. Got to do them.
When trying to cut down do you prefer to use HIIT or just normal cardio?
Normal but I will be trying HIT this year for my shows. My body adapts to the easy cardio to well and just tends to plateau at about 4 weeks out.
What is your philosophy on nutrition?
Everyone is different; we all have our own set of blue prints. Just because I can eat 3 carb meals a day and get into contest shape quickly doesn’t mean you can. You need to learn your body, pay attention to it and be honest with yourself. If you’re not gaining muscle and it’s all looking like fat you need to change something. If you’re not cutting up you need to take something out.
What are your favorite meals and foods?
Chicken and Avocado is always good, wait change the Chicken for a Steak? Mmmm that’s even better. I love Natural Peanut Butter when dieting but it’s too dangerous to have in the pantry. White Sweet Potato with Flaxseed on it is pretty delicious as well.
Favorite cheat food?
Pizza and Burgers. Lot’s of Burgers.
What supplements do you use that give you great results? How do you use them?
- BCAA’s 1 tsp 4 x a day
- Protein Isolate – Post Workout
- Protein Caseinate – Bed Time
- Test Booster from Bulknutrients.com – 1 tsp 2x a day. This is the only test booster I’ve used that actually works
Flex Wheeler, Sonny Schmidt, Charles Clairemonte, Francis Benfatto
Put a true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, he will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for pussies. Kenny Powers