How did you get started with bodybuilding?
I started lifting when my brother and I realized it’s almost impossible for us to gain any weight. It became somewhat of a competition between us and drove me to get a personal training certification and nutritionist degree!
After that I was able to perfect my diet and training regime and left my brother in the dust!
Where does your motivation come from?
What keeps me motivated is my goal to get on covers of magazines, always cognizant of how many other women are after the same thing. Someone else out there is training harder, eating cleaner, and contacting more people!
So I have to make sure I’m a step ahead of the game!
What workout routine has worked best for you?
This is the routine that I have been using for a while and has responded well to my physique:
- Dumbbell press 3×10
- Incline machine press 3×10
- Machine flyes 3×10
- Bench press 3×10
- Shoulder press 3×10
- Barbell front raises 3×10
- Dumbbell lateral raise 3×10
- Delt machine 3×10
- Upright rows 3×10
- Lat pulldown 3×10
- T-bar rows 3×10
- Reverse grip bent over rows 3×10
- Dumbbell rows 3×10
- Seated rows 3×10
- Squats 3×10
- Leg press 3×10
- Leg curls 3×10
- Stiff legged deads 3×10
- Calf raises 3×10
- Lunges 3×10
- Barbell curls on preacher bench 3×10
- Dumbbell hammer curls 3×10
- Seated dumbbell curls 3×10
- Cable curls 3×10
- 21’s 3×10
- Decline modified skull crushers 3×10
- Rope pushdowns 3×10
- Reverse grip cable pulldowns 3×10
- Straight bar cable dropsets 3×10
- Dips 3×10
- 45mins walk
- Crunches 5×10
If you have to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
- Squats: Because it’s the best way to gain leg size
- 21’s: Because it’s the best way to finish off my bi’s & achieve that killer arm pump
- Decline Skull Crushers: This movement really targets the triceps and burns em out quickly
What is your diet like?
- Meal 1: 6 egg whites one egg with salsa, 4 pieces of turkey bacon
- Meal 2: Apple and shake
- Meal 3: 6-8oz ground turkey breast and brown rice
- Meal 4: Shake post workout
- Meal 5: 6-8oz chicken and asparagus
- Meal 6: Casein shake with skim milk
When trying to cut down do you prefer to use HIIT or just normal cardio?
For me, it matters where I am in bodyfat percentages at the time, and how much muscle I can spare. If I have a decent amount of muscle and am around 18% bodyfat, I’ll do AM sprints for 30-45 min.
Otherwise I’ll do an hour of slow cardio maintaining a heart rate of 135 a couple times a day, which always does the trick.
What is your supplementation like?
I take a number of supplements consisting of:
- Multivitamins CLA
- Fish oils
- Digestive enzymes
Favorite Fitness Models?
My favorite fitness models are Michele Levesque and Ava Cowan.
“The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens” – Arnold Schwarzenegger