Weight: 118 lbs
How did you get started with bodybuilding?
I have always been into staying fit since I was a kid playing sports, dancing, and doing aerobics. I went to college for exercise physiology, however I only did a little personal training afterwards. I got serious about training about a year ago when I decided to compete after being inspired by other bikini and fitness athletes who already thought I was actively competing. I took that as my sign that I was supposed to be doing this more seriously since I am competitive and have a modelling background. I had a friend coach me 8 weeks before I took 4th out of 37 women in a bikini competition. I fell in love with the sport and then decided to compete with The WBFF. I placed 1st in Diva Fitness Model in Kansas City at my very first show and 5th in Diva Bikini (I competed in 2 classes). I was awarded my Pro card in Fitness and went onto the World Championships in August and placed 3rd in Pro Diva Bikini out of 40 Pros (I switched to Bikini for the World Championships).
I know that this is what I am supposed to be doing, it is my passion and I love it!
Where does your motivation come from?
My kids and my husband are my biggest motivators for sure! However, there is a desire deep inside of me to continue challenging myself to become even better in every aspect of my life. I use that as my driving force at the gym and in the kitchen. My support team is a HUGE factor in my life. Coach Doug, Karen, my TBA (Total Body Advantage) teammates, and my friends all inspire me daily in every way possible.
I believe that being grateful for everything in my life inspires me to go beyond my self-imposed limitations, make my dreams become reality, and share my journey with others while appreciating every aspect.
What workout routine has worked best for you?
Supersets with each major muscle group and keeping my heart rate up is key for me. I like to keep my workouts quick and effective.
- Shoulder Press 6×10-12 (Superset)
- Lateral Raises 6×10-12 (Superset)
- Push Ups 6×10-12 (Superset)
- Upright Rows 6×10-12 (Superset)
- Bent Over Rear Delt Fly 6x 8-10 (Superset)
- Seated Calves 6×10
- Walking Lunges holding 25 lbs. plates 4×20 (Superset)
- Squats 6×10 (Superset)
- Leg Press 4×12 (Superset)
- Leg Curls 6×10-12 (Superset)
- Leg Extensions 6×10-12 (Superset)
- Pull Ups 4×6-8
- Pull Downs (wide grip) 6×8-10 (Superset)
- Seated Rows 6×8-10 (Superset)
- One Arm Dumbbell Rows 6×10 (Superset)
- Reverse Fly’s 6×10 (Superset)
- Incline Dumbbell Press 6×8
- Flat Bench Press 6×8 (Superset)
- Push Ups 6×8 (Superset)
- Cable Crossovers 6×10
- Cable Push Downs 6×10 (Superset)
- Straight Barbell Curls 6×10 (Superset)
- Overhead Tricep Extension 6×10
- Hammer Curls 6×10 (Dropset)
- Heavy Abs 6×10 (Dropset)
- HIIT Intervals
- 30 minutes various Ab exercises (High reps)
Sunday: Rest day
- Recovery day
If you had to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
- Walking Lunges: I do them with 25 lb plates to target my glutes, hamstrings, and quads.
- Squats: Absolutely love squats as I go down low so they really hit my glutes and that’s where I am always trying to improve for both competing and modeling.
- Shoulder Press: Targets all of the deltoids muscles and helps build great shoulder caps.
What is your diet like?
I do my best to eat clean year round with very little cheat meals. I found it more effective to not have cheat meals and if I want a BITE of something then I will have just a bite. I find that my cravings stop when I eat clean consistently. I was amazed at the changes in my body when I started eating clean and stopped drinking alcohol and eating processed foods. I love to cook and experiment with new recipes that are tasty and healthy.
- Meal 1: Protein Pancakes – Egg Whites, Oatmeal, Vanilla and Cinnamon
- Meal 2: 4 oz Chicken/Tilapia, 3 oz Green Vegetables, 2 oz Sweet Potato and ½ an Avocado
- Meal 3: 4 oz Chicken/Lean Beef, 3 oz Cucumber and 2 oz Brown Rice
- Meal 4: Protein Shake (Post workout)
- Meal 5: 4 oz Tilapia/Chicken and 3 oz Asparagus/Zucchini
- Meal 6: Protein Shake or Egg White Spinach Omelette
When trying to cut down do you prefer to use HIIT or just normal cardio?
I do HIIT and I love the Cybex machine mixed with the stair mill. I like to shock my body as it’s most effective.
What is your supplementation like?
- Super Carnosine
- Fish Oils
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.”